Xiaomi Rolls Out MIUI 9.5.14 Oreo Based Update For Redmi Note 5 Pro
Redmi Note 5 Pro is undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best smartphone under Rs. 15,000. From a powerful hardware to an excellent camera setup, the devices pretty much nails it in every aspect. Now from June 29, Xiaomi has started to roll out MIUI 9.5.14 for the Redmi Note 5 Pro which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. It’s a stable update and we will discuss the pros and cons of this update.
The Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched back in February. It came with Android 7.1 Nougat and Xiaomi promised to provide the Android Oreo for Redmi Note 5 Pro. Now they kep promise and people have started to receive this update which is based on MIUI 9.5.14.
How To Install Android Oreo MIUI 9.5.14 On Redmi Note 5 Pro :-
- You will get notification for new System Update. Select “Yes, I’m in“
- The downloading will start, make sure you have an active Internet Connection.
- After the downloading is complete, select “Install Now“
- The software will start to install and the phone will ask to get a Reboot. (Make sure you have a good battery life).
BEFORE UPDATING TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR FILES.
MIUI 9.5.14 Changelog:-
- For India area,Android N upgrade Android O(06-28)
- Optimization – Optimize Dual 4G function(06-28)
- Optimization – MIUI9.5 important Update(06-28)
Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 9.5.14 Features:-
The next big change is the Dual 4G Support. Previously you could use only one SIM card for 4G usage. But now users take the advantage of 4G VOLTE from both of their SIMs if supported. This was a really important feature since most of the people now use JIO sim cards.
Another new feature is the Gesture support. The gestures are very similar to iPhone X. You swipe from the button to reach the Home Screen. You can open your recent task by swiping up and then hold. You can also swipe to the left and right for reaching the previous App. There is also a new option for Split-Screen mode.
Now in terms of daily tasks, camera and battery we didn’t notice any improvements. They are working as fine as before. However still the camera struggles in focusing while shooting videos. Overall it has some more MIUI optimization and this update contains the Google Security Patches of May, 2018.
READ MORE :- 10.or D Received Android 8.1 Oreo Update
MIUI 9.5.14 Pros and Cons :-
So let us quickly take a look at what are the advantages and disadvantages of the Oreo Update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- New Gesture support.
- Dual 4G support.
- Improved Notification system.
- Easy to use Split-Screen mode.
- No option for Notification Dots.
- Can’t snooze Notifications.
- Audio output while calling is low.