How To Hide Apps On Android Phone
Android is the most popular operating system for Smartphones. With their affordable price tag, more people are able to get an Android device for themselves. Now there are millions and millions of apps available on the Google Playstore and surely you install some of them. But sometimes there might be a situation where you want to hide an app. It’s strange that Android still doesn’t have an easy way to hide apps but there are few workarounds by which you can easily hide an android app on your device. So in this article, we are going to tell you how to hide apps on an android phone.
Table of Contents
- How To Hide Apps On Android Without Rooting :-
How To Hide Apps On Android Without Rooting :-
It’s 2019 and going for rooting method for every simple feature is not a smart idea anymore. Obviously Rooting still has it’s own benefits but in this article, we are going to focus on how to hide android apps without rooting.
Method 1: Using Guest Mode/Seconds Space To Hide Apps On And Android Device :-
Now, this is a method which neither requires any rooting not installing any 3rd party Launchers. The Guest Mode basically allows your android device to look like a newly bought device without any 3rd party apps installed on it. You can’t even see the photos, videos or any other files already downloaded on the device.
- If you are on a Stock Android device then go to “Settings” and then Guest Mode and add another user.
- If you are using Custom Android skins like MIUI 11 then go to the “Settings” and select “Second Space”.
Method 2: Hide Android Apps Using Nova Launcher (FREE) :-
Nova launcher is no doubt one of the best, if not the best android launcher app to this date. If you want to hide an app with Nova Launcher then most people will suggest you buy the pro version. However, there is a clever way to hide apps using nova launcher free version as well.
- First press and hold on the App which you want to hide. It works both on the Homes Screen and App Drawer.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Change the App name to whatever you think might be less suspicious.
- Tap on the icon and select “Built-in” or whatever Icon Pack you have on your device.
- Choose an Icon similar to the name that you have changed it to. Choosing a relevant icon will be the best way to hide and app on an android device.
Method 3: Hide Apps On Android Using Nova Launcher (PRO) :-
If you think that the Free method is risky to hide your apps on android then the pro version has a better solution for you. First, you need to buy the Nova Launcher Pro version and then you can proceed further.
- Press and Hold on the Home Screen and tap “Settings”.
- Select “App Drawer”.
- Scroll down a bit and you will find a section of “Apps”. Select “Hide Apps”.
- Here you will see the list of Installed Apps on your device. Select the Apps which you want to hide and they will be stored on the hidden folder. Now you know how to hide apps on android.
Method 4: How To Hide Apps On Android Using Lawnchair (FREE) :-
Lawnchair V2 is one of the best android launchers in 2019. The developers are constantly working to improve it and the best part about this is that the Launcher is very lightweight and ABSOLUTELY FREE. Using this launcher you can easily hide android apps.
- Press and Hold on the Home Screen and select “Home Settings”.
- Scroll down a bit and select “App drawer”.
- Select “Hide apps” and choose the apps that you want to hide on your android device.
So these were 4 different yet simple methods that can easily help you to hide android apps without root. There are few custom Android UIs which enable you to hide Android Apps by default. But in case you don’t have such skin then you can follow our methods. Now you know how to hide apps on an Android Mobile.